CubaPLUS Magazine Vol.48
With the beginning of a new year new we all start new plans and projects to brighten our lives and 2019 will be no exception. Beyond personal plans, there are fresh projects being rolled out around the country, for everyoneâ€™s benefit.
One of the most popular will without a doubt be the five hundredth anniversary of the Cuban capital, which has already seen efforts redoubled to spruce up Havana in time for a year of festivities. CubaPlus will be dedicating plenty of space to the multifaceted cityâ€™s many attractions, particularly the most iconic.
As this issue circulates three of Havanaâ€™s liveliest annual events will be taking place: the Festival del Habano cigar fest, the Havana International Book Festival and the super Cuban Fiesta del Tambor percussion festival.
For that reason this edition includes an interview with Rodney Barreto, one of Cubaâ€™s most promising young percussionists who will be taking part alongside many other big names at the festival whose sponsors include this magazine.
This volume covers many other interesting themes including the silent living statues that stalk the streets of Havana taking visitors by surprise. And as always we recommend you also look us up online at: www.cubaplusmagazine.com, where youâ€™ll find up to date information on everything thatâ€™s going on in Cuba.
- HAVANA City of Wonder
- Living Statues of Havana
- Segundo Frente Nature and wellness
- The Fascinating Corner of 23 & 12 in Havana
- Let the drums play!
- Rodney Barreto, Percussion is everything
- A Cuba-Quebec musical collaboration was a big success in building bridges
- JULIO LARRAMENDI, passionate about image
- FASHION, the identity of a people
- Havana draped in literature again
- The Power of Peloid (Medicinal Mud)
- Gesime Dedicated to industrial development
- Efficiency Backed Up By Experience
- Minerva, quality and durability
- envametal, strategy projects
- Varona, Leader in Metalwork
- EMTA Cuba’s steel industry leader
- ATEC, making history for 45 years
- INPUD, Friend of the Cuban Family
- Maquimport, prestige and experience
- Cuba and Latin America’s Best Athletes of 2018
- Gaceñiga, Sponge cake with a musical echo