The Tryp Habana Libre Hotel is today the headquarters of the 22nd Pan-American Cocktail Tournament, which will run for a week in this capital.
This establishment, inaugurated on March 19, 1958, marks the passage of a modern Cuban capital, constituting the most central and high hostelry of the city in a tip of La Rampa, the busiest street. After a capital refurbishment, it has 572 rooms and innumerable gastronomy services, nightclubs and meeting rooms. After the triumph of the Cuban Revolution in 1959, its enhancement was such that in the room named La Castellana, the leader Fidel Castro installed the command headquarters of those early times. The hotel has rooms of about 50 square meters of surface, balcony, and view of the city or the sea and a series of amenities typical of a five-star hotel. Among the novelties, there is a frontal mural of the Cuban painter Amelia Peláez and works in its halls of the plastic artists Alfredo Sosa Bravo and Portocarrero, among others. This luxury hostel hosted different events such as international chess competitions, gala dinners dedicated to Habanos or hosting more than two thousand reporters from around the world during the visit of Pope John Paul II to Cuba. This hotel has a privileged location in the downtown district of El Vedado, and more exactly in La Rampa street, where thousands of passers-by transit daily, as well as being an unrivaled business center. Many of its guests highlight its charms from a careful service and proximity to any tourist or business axis, its panoramic rooms, and nine multipurpose rooms, an ideal home for events, conferences or banquets.